Sunday, February 26, 2017

Pictures Don't Like Me, or Perhaps I Don't Like Them

Today, I and the rest of my cohort gathered with Don at East Bay Coffee Co. in the evening with the goal to set up our blog. I was the last one to arrive, so everyone was already working on their blog profiles when I arrived. While they kept on working, Don led me outside so we could take photos for my profile image. I think that had to my least favorite part of our entire meeting. For some reason, I either kept blinking or forgot to smile while Don took pictures, and the whole time I just felt so awkward taking pictures in the middle of the streets, especially when we had to take pictures next to the tree, on the edge of the sidewalk, next to the road with cars driving past. I didn't like taking pictures at all. Thankfully, that ended soon enough, and we went back inside. 

My cup of hot chocolate is...oddly large.
Inside, Don and I worked on a couple more things, but after we finished, Don bought us drinks. While we waited, Don explained more things about our blog. Then, we got our drinks, and my cup of hot chocolate was a lot bigger and sweeter than I expected. Personally, I think it was a disappointing cup of hot chocolate. It was big, for sure, but other than that, it didn't really have much going for it. Its sweetness was not rich; it tasted so sweet it seemed rather...fake (if hot chocolates can be fake). But perhaps I'm being too hard on the poor hot chocolate. Nevertheless, thank you to Don for buying us our drinks.

Afterwards, Don took some awesome group pictures for us. Or rather, Don took some group pictures of us that would have been awesome if I had smiled, or if I hadn't blinked, or if I had looked into the camera. He took multiple shots, and I did something wrong in each of them. Honestly, at this point, I'm not sure what is wrong with me and pictures. Maybe I'm not used to taking them. Maybe I don't like them. Maybe I have a subconscious fear. There are a lot of possibilities. I don't know. I just know I should have looked into the camera and smiled because it was a nice group photo, and I could've made it nicer if I wasn't looking off to the side. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to take a better banner picture. 
I really have no excuse for not looking at the camera, but hey, everyone else looks great!
Then, we began to work on formatting our blog site. At first, we encountered a few problems, and it was rather confusing, trying to figure out where and how to change colors and backgrounds. In our endeavor to make the website look the best we can, we bore witness to a few interesting combinations of colors that I hope to never see again (some colors are never meant to be together). Additionally, we had some trouble with the layout and template of the blog. Very soon, though, we got the hang of it, and we had our template decided and our text colors sorted out.  

Unfortunately, I had to leave early, at around 8:30 p.m. Still, I had a great time today, and it was very nice to see everyone again. There was some great teamwork going on this evening, and this was just the beginning! Since I wasn't there for that long, I felt like I didn't get the chance to really talk with anyone, so I'll be looking forward to future opportunities to get to know my cohorts better. 

(Now that I am almost done with my post, I do feel compelled to admit here that I actually wasn't feeling that great today and that after I returned home, I discovered I had a sore throat. However, I would like to hereby deny all responsibilities should anyone get sick - especially Jahnvi or Don, who sat next to me.)

1 comment:

  1. Here it four years later, Cecilia, but I hope you take note of your banner photo and how beautiful you all are in that photo. I don't know if I've ever seen that many teeth all at one time.

    ReplyDelete