Monday, April 17, 2017

One-On-One Tutoring

After I came back home from a tiring day of robotics, I immediately took a nap since there was
Robot from the day because
#roboticsislife and shameless
club promo 
time before Don came....and then I didn't wake up, even from the loud doorbell. Luckily, some screams from my parents downstairs woke me up and I ran downstairs after quickly combing through my hair with my hands.

Don told me right away that everything he will talk about should be review and that I should know the answers to his test questions. To be completely honest, a wave of nostalgia washed over me, mixed with excitement and a little bit of sadness. (I know, that's so many emotions.) I remembered the tutorial from last year and how many memories I made in it from having photoshoots with everyone to how Komal and I cried in our practice blogs about how we couldn't attend prom. I really wished I could relive those fun portions of the tutorial once more. Then, excitement rushed through me because I realized the tutorial meant that the ILC TRIP IS ALMOST NEAR. Not really, but almost. It hadn't properly struck me until this very moment that I was actually going to UChicago this summer. This then somehow led to a huge chain of memories from my last ILC trip: memories that no matter what, I could never forget. (Shout-out to Jackie, Jae, Edward, and Mom Thomas!)

Candid side portrait of Don, Dad, and little brother

After a quick sentimental five minutes, I simply focused on what Don was telling me. Between now and then, we ended up gossiping a little about the current seniors and how college actually works. To be clear, we talked of how great all the seniors this year are and the many great things so many of them have accomplished. My family and I even learned important lessons and tips for how college works and what you should do. 

After about an hour and a half, or two hours, Don left the house, and we all continued about our businesses. For now, I'll just have to wait until the dinner so I could get to feel that excitement saying "Woah, you're actually going to UChicago!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment