Monday, June 5, 2017

Pizza Party at Berkeley

Yesterday night was our UChicago cohort dinner with our lovely chaperone, Ms. Sciacca, at Jupiter. We agreed to meet up at the restaurant at 8 pm, but I arrived at Berkeley a little earlier. My parents drove me there, so even though we found Jupiter pretty easily, we drove around a bit first, trying to see where we can park, since they had decided they were going to hang out and shop around Berkeley while they waited for me. Unfortunately, at that point, I got slightly carsick as my parent drove through streets after streets, trying to look for parking spaces. However, it was just really busy at Berkeley at that time of the day, so, in the end, without any available space, my dad had to just drop me off, and my mom walked me to Jupiter.
On the lower floor of Jupiter
There, I saw Ms. Sciacca was already waiting in the little doorway in front of the entrance. The two of us went inside and asked for a table for five. Since there were only the two of us, we were told we would need one more person to show up before they could give the table to us. It was understandable, so we were about to continue waiting outside, but right then, our third person, Jahvi, showed up, and we were led to our table upstairs. Once we were seated, Ms. Sciacca asked about our finals, which took place on Thursday and Friday of this week for me. Jahvi told us that she did not have many tests as her finals since she has AP classes, so most of her finals were projects. Lindsay arrived soon after, and we talked more as we waited for Raqueeb. We found out that Ms. Sciacca has a twin, which is pretty cool, and for a while, our conversation took a weird turn where we all shared our experiences with people that are twins.

We took a while placing our order, and we had a few awkward interaction with our waitress, but the four of us made it through the daunting task that is ordering, and soon enough, Raqueeb arrived, telling us that he took the wrong train and so he was late. The conversation flowed, and it was amazing that we can all talk with each other so easily and comfortably. The food was really good, too (I'll admit non-meat pizzas were surprisingly good, but don't you guys start thinking you've turned me into a vegetarian!), and I think I can say for all of us that we had a great time.
Bonding time!
After we finished eating, we talked for a little longer, but it was getting late, so we prepared to leave. Before we left, however, we had to take pictures, and luckily, our photographer Raqueeb is never without his camera, so we are saved from explaining to Don why we don't have a single picture from our dinner. We went downstairs, and Ms. Sciacca took a group picture of us on the stairs, with pretty lights in the background. There was a band performing, and the whole restaurant was extremely lively, bustling with energy. I almost didn't want to go just yet. The dinner passed by so quickly; I wished we had more time with each other, but I'll get to everyone again very soon at orientation, so until then! 

Cheese!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am so pleased to have these details about this Pizza party. The decoration is outstanding and I bet that everyone looks so happy. My sister’s birthday is coming and I would love to host such a fun DIY bash. I would like to find such pretty Chicago event space for that.

    ReplyDelete