Monday, June 5, 2017

The Birth of a New Mom

There were absolutely no parking spots, so after a while, my dad decided he would trust me and dropped me off at the corner of the street so I could walk to Jupiter. I got out of the car, confident that this time I would not get lost. Pshht...I'm definitely not directionally challenged.

After a little, I lost my patience. I was positive I was going in the right direction, but I just couldn't see Jupiter. I asked a random guy next to me, but he didn't know. Right when my confidence dwindled, I saw Cecilia's mom. I ran up to her and gave her the happiest hug of my life, and asked her if I was going the right way— which I was. I cherished that accomplishment, because there's very few times where I'm headed in the right direction.

Once there, we went upstairs, and the first thing I heard was the waitress saying there was a 45
If you look closely, there's only one slice left
minute wait for pizza. That was a little depressing but on the bright side, more time for us to bond. The conversation involved some very different things, from learning Ms.Sciacca had a fraternal twin, to deciding to call her mom, and our theory that Raqeeb is always late because his hair.

We ended up ordering two vegetarian pizzas since Mom, Raqeeb, and I were vegetarian; plus, Lindsay didn't really like meat. My mission now will be to turn Cecilia into a vegetarian in the three weeks I'm with her. She will get to explore the world of vegetables and grains that are healthy and harmless.

I don't remember the exact name of the pizzas, except that they were so good we got right to eating, and didn't even think twice about taking pictures. I do remember, though, that one had a pesto base and the other the traditional tomato sauce. 

The Dancing Boy
We continued talking and even unanimously decided on some places we definitely wanted to visit in Chicago. I noticed from the balcony that there were some nice colorful lights below and I wanted to explore it, so I asked if we could go. 

It was an extension of the restaurant with many people eating in the open, and a band playing at the far end. In front of the band there a toddler dancing as if no one was watching, and he had the cutest and brightest smile. I currently can't get over how adorable he looks and I still want to just pick him up and give him a hug. 

We then headed back in front of Jupiter to get picked up. After a couple minutes of talking, my dad arrived and I headed home. On the ride back, I realized how much I really could no longer wait until it was time for departure. There are just too many adventures that lay ahead. 
Behind the restaurant. Squad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment