Monday, May 29, 2017

#NewBucketList

If you look up attractions in Chicago, the list is literally endless. I don't understand how one city could possibly have so much, but it does. I wonder if you could even explore every nook and cranny of Chicago in a lifetime. However, I narrowed down my list of top attractions to these seven:

Crown fountain
1. Millennium Park: Besides just the iconic Bean, the park has other beautiful landmarks. It has the Jay Pritzker Pavilion, the BP Bridge, the Crown Fountain, a theater, and galleries, just to name a few things. You could probably spend a whole day just exploring the unique things found here. From what I know, there is absolutely nothing like this anywhere around here and every inch of this park seems precious.


Jay Pritzker Pavilion
2. Skydeck: I truly believe my life would be incomplete without visiting Skydeck. I had seen a video of it and I remember putting it on my bucket list. There's a glass floor 103 stories high that people can walk on. That says enough for itself. Not to mention, I'm afraid of heights so this experience will be even more exhilarating for me. Maybe I'll come out of it immune to acrophobia.



MSI from outside. Even better from the inside
3. Museum of Science and Industry: I admit I almost started fangirling a little when I looked at their website. Their exhibitions include many huge Lego-built sculptures, advanced robots, a near-exact replica of the U-505 submarine, the Fairy Castle (a gorgeous miniature mansion), and a mirror maze just to name a few. This is a must-see museum for me.



An exhibition in Museum of Surgical Sciences
that honestly wants to make me see more
4. International Museum of Surgical Sciences: The museum claims to be the only museum in North America that is devoted to surgery. I found this very interesting, and school never focuses much on the history of surgery. I honestly have always wondered exactly how surgeries were done before without the technologies provided today. The pricing is pretty good here (better than the planetarium) and we'll come out knowing things we would never know about otherwise. 

Interactive climbing wall at Navy Pier
5. Navy Pier: This pier seems to be a very ramped up version of the Santa Cruz Boardwalk. It includes the Centennial Wheel, a huge Ferris wheel, Crystal Gardens, a one-acre botanical garden, and best of all, interactive climbing walls. Where can you find interactive climbing walls? It looks like an ideal place to have an adventure.







An exhibition in the Planetarium
6. Adler Planetarium: The planetarium looks beautiful inside and out. It has many shows, such as Planet Nine and Destination Solar System, that are very popular attractions. It also has its own public observatory that I would definitely like to take a look from. Though there are many planetariums around here, there isn't one any where near as grand as this one.


Buckingham Fountain at night. 
Looks beautiful
7. Buckingham Fountain: This is one of the largest fountains in the world. It has huge 20 minute water displays every hour and its center water jet sprays water 150 feet into the air.


No comments:

Post a Comment