Sunday, July 9, 2017

1der Pets

I once again pressed the snooze button this morning. There was no need to wake up early because breakfast was until 9:30 AM and the next activity was going to start at 10 AM. Lindsay was waiting outside in my floor's lounge so I ran and went to grab breakfast with her. We both grabbed cereal and saw Cecilia along the way.

Lindsay and I then met up with Olivia and Kara and went to the Harper Memorial Library because
Me looking our Harper Memorial Library
it's 
heard that they have gorgeous study rooms. Most of the rooms were locked but we did find a sculpture of Walt Whitson's head. We then walked back to the dorms for the group RA activities that were happening at 10 AM. 

Apparently we had to head back to the quad, which is where the Harper Memorial Library was so it felt as if we had ran back to the dorms for no reason. We played Scavenger Hunt and as team 1, we decided to name ourselves 1der Pets. We actually ended up coming up last place, but it's alright because I think our name was genius. I had made the mistake of wearing jeans because I was cold in the morning, and by the end of the hunt, I could feel the sweat in my legs. 

From left to right: Lindsay, me, Kara, Olivia

After the hunt we had lunch and then Lindsay, Kara, Raqeeb, and Olivia, and I went down to the beach. The water was very blue and the sand was much softer than I've ever felt. The beaches in California are never this clean and soft, so this felt great to Lindsay and I. We then made a trip to Target and bought some snacks and even a charcoal face mask to try out. 

We were able to head back to the dorms by 4 PM just in time for a meeting on transportation tips. I may have zoned out a little during it, but I think I know enough to figure things out. Right before that meeting started, Cecilia finally met her roommate Michelle and introduced her to me. Michelle was also taking Law and Litigation and was ALSO from the Bay Area surprisingly. Even better, she knew another person with the last name Doshi, who I happened to be friends with!

Michelle and Lindsay
After the meeting, Michelle, Raqeeb, Lindsay, and I went down to a huge study lounge on the second floor to get some work done and just talk. Olivia then later joined us and we had dinner. Some how, they ran out of veggie burgers so I ended up eating their veggie pizza which was surprisingly very good. 

After a long day, and two fun weekends, it's time for classes to start. Luckily, Michelle knows the way to the building of our class so I won't be having too much trouble getting there. Now, time to stress a little about how class will be tomorrow, and the weeks after...




4 comments:

  1. Hi I'm your #1 fan!!!!! Plz keep me updated on your journey through Chicago ILYSM notice me senpai!! I'm 700 of those 1,745 views!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jahnvi,

    Nice to know about your activities via your blogs again. Happy to see you making new friends and enjoying new place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jahnvi,
    I am very glad to know you are very happy there and you had two days fun.
    Now you have new friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gud to c u on blog....enjoy your tim

    ReplyDelete