Sunday, July 30, 2017

Oh no...It's THAT Time

I woke up in a panic because Lindsay and Raqeeb lied to me saying it was 6:30 AM. It still hadn't struck me that we were leaving and would never be seeing any of these people ever again. I ran to finish my final packing and say a final goodbye to Jared, Olivia, and Kara. When all four of us headed down to the lobby, it still hadn't struck me that I was never really going to meet these faces again.

When we got to the airport, all four of us were very sluggish. My body felt weak since it was busy trying to fight the germs in my bloodstream. That didn't work out too well with the tons of luggage I had with me.

The inside of our shuttle
We grabbed breakfast at a news shop that had a cafe. I got hot tea to aid my sore throat, and, trust me, the hot tea was hot. It made me start thinking of the case where a woman sued McDonalds because their beverage was too hot and damaged her skin horribly after it spilled.

All four of us pretty much just slept on the plane ride because we had time to be tired. Personally, so much had happened in the past three weeks and since I was very sick, I pretty much slept through the whole ride. The plane was very cold, and even with two layers of jackets I was struggling to keep my body heated. This quite obviously made my immune system worse, and I woke up feeling even more sick which I didn't know was possible.
My mom's hair looks redder than mine

While walking towards baggage claim, we noticed Raqeeb's jacket had Olivia's hair since she wore it sometimes. This started a conversation of realizations about where Lindsay's and my hair could be. We concluded that David must be faring the worst since all of us were in his room multiple times so now there must be so many long strands of girl hair everywhere.

After some struggle at lifting our suitcases at baggage claim, we then headed outside to find our ride back home. When a big shuttle/limo/van appeared, we were all confused. There was enough room to fit everyone in the ILC program. It was a huge jump from a cramped airplane, and all five of us could probably even have slept comfortably across the van.

On the way there, Lindsay and I talked to Jared on the phone and we just debated about a hypothetical world. In the end, the simplified conclusion was that Nick would be dating Mac, and I would be dating Lister.
Us FaceTiming Kara
In the three weeks away, I had almost forgotten how bad Bay Area traffic was. I had gotten a little too accustomed to the quicker transportation in Chicago. When we finally did reach ECHS, all four of us ran out and hugged our parents. It was a beautiful and emotional moment.

After some quick pictures, Lindsay and I decided to FaceTime Kara before we had to separate. She had reached home and it made me really sad that I would no longer be able to talk to them all like before because of the distance.

I was then quickly taken home so I could get some medicine and sleep to feel as close to normal as possible. Currently, as I write this, I am not only suffering from germs, but also from sadness at having to see this trip come to an official end. 
Could not have wished for a better cohort

No comments:

Post a Comment