Monday, July 24, 2017

What's a Plan AND a Ride?

I overslept today. On the bright side, I got a healthy amount of sleep. As usual, Kara banged on my door and woke me up. We wanted to go out but didn't know what to do. For a random reason, we called David and he came down to my room too, so then the three of us went down to lunch. 

After that, the tables turned. This time I banged on Lindsay's door and woke her up. I felt like putting on some make up and looking nice so I dragged Lindsay out and made her do the same. We then decided to go Medici's and have their famous milkshakes before heading to the bookstore and then downtown. However, one of those plans did not work out as expected. Lindsay's Uber account ran out of money. We couldn't go anywhere. 

Luckily, we had Kara with us, so she called up some of her Econ friends and after a little bit of screaming, they came to our rescue. Matus was in downtown and had left shoes he wanted to return in his dorm. He made a deal with us: we grab him his shoes and he gets us an Uber to downtown. Well, that was a good deal so we obviously said yes. The three of us went to his room and found that the shoes were a pair of Michael Kors heels. (I then asked him later if I could keep the Michael Kors paper bag because it looked cool, and he agreed.)

Michelle dying her hair
We met up with Olivia in the mall, and after grabbing some pretzels, we split up. Olivia and Lindsay went back to campus so they could go to the bookstore while Kara and I stayed downtown. I never buy books, but instead find free PDFs of them online, so the bookstore really wasn't my thing. Kara and I found David, Matus, Hamilton, and Rafael in Urban Outfitters so we just stuck around with them. 

Just to place rightful credit, I found David a gold-colored hoodie, which was at a pretty good price too. Maybe I just have a good eye for sales. Either way, I couldn't find anything cheap enough that I would want to buy. We went with the four guys to a couple other stores and when they said they needed to eat dinner, Kara and I thought it was time for us to leave.  We split from them trying to get to the Adidas store, but it sadly wasn't open. Kara then decided to grab David some socks he loves since Finish Line was nearby. In that time, somehow the four boys became too busy. 

We were depending on them, specifically Matus, to get us an Uber to head back to the dorms. None of them picked up, and when they finally did, they said that Matus was busy. We had no idea what to do, so after 100s of phone calls we walked into The Peninsula and asked the workers if they could get us a cab. And before we knew it, Kara and I were in a cab heading back home. 

We were just in time for dinner, so the usual schedule followed after that. Well, it still wasn't very ordinary. Michelle was dying her own hair in my room, and then somehow Lindsay, Michelle, Kara, and I ended up staying for a good two hours in David's room. In that time, David agreed to buy me Adidas Slides. I actually still can't believe that happened, but it happened. So I guess I will be walking around in luxurious Adidas slides when I head back home. 

Since we had been staying so long in David's room, I had just brought my laptop to finish working on the make up work I had left. Now that I'm finally 100% caught up, it's time to pack for Yerkes. I'm a little sad to go because I know that when we come back, it'll be the last day. I had made a lot of close friends that I wouldn't be seeing for a while. On the other hand, Yerkes will be full of so many opportunities to learn and experience science. I have never worked with something so professional and important so that in itself will be an adventure. So, onto a new set of adventures next morning...
You can slightly see my hair dyed in this picture

3 comments:

  1. I'm certainly glad that you all have learned a new word for your vocabulary: OVERSLEPT. Surely this wasn't something you brought along with you on this trip, was it?

    The businessman part of me keeps asking--I paid how much for this? I'm spending more than $500 per day for you all to improve on your oversleeping skills? At least you're adding shopping to the mix--which makes the cost more palatable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I put on my secret decoder glasses, took some hallucinogenic drugs and used my vivid imagination and now I can almost see the red in your hair. Yeah--I think I can see it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jahnvi
    Looking pretty. I didn't see any red
    Color in your hair.
    Good luck for next adventure.

    ReplyDelete