Sunday, July 30, 2017

I'm Back!

Well, today was the last day of our time in Chicago. I used up all my feelings yesterday, so today's departure was kind of anticlimactic. We left the dorms at 7:00 AM, way too early for me to feel emotions, and there weren’t very many hiccups in our departure.

Said goodbye to the view from my room and my roommate, George.
I had to wake up at around 5:30 AM if I were to leave the dorms on time. More or less, we all managed to be out the door and in the shuttle by around 7:00 AM. The shuttle taking us to the airport wasn't outrageously big, but it was pretty high off of the ground; getting into the seats kind of reminded me of the climb to get into bar seats.


The flight itself was also smooth, besides takeoff. Based on our experiences landing in and taking off from the Midway, we concluded that it must have an especially short runway that caused the steep ascent/descent. We were pretty much perpendicular to the ground the whole ascent. When we flattened out, the ride was decent, and the smooth landing pretty much confirmed our suspicion of the runway size.


Coming back to school from the airport was the most out-of-place thing that happened today. Instead of an SUV, which we have used up until now, we had this huge mini-bus/limo/shuttle come for us. The inside felt like an armored car, and when people would look at the windows it looked like they were sizing us up for the kill, when they were probably in all actuality just checking their hair in the tinted windows.  

The outside (top) and inside (bottom) of our vehicle.
Nothing really went wrong on the way home. We just showed up everywhere we were supposed to be at the scheduled time, and then were transported to where we wanted to go. The whole process was actually peaceful, and it was such a big difference from the hectic nature of life at the campus.
Pictures with the Chicago family...
...and my biological one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment