Sunday, July 23, 2017

What's a Plan?

The backs of Cecilia's and Kara's heads
The day started off as a hectic mess. Somehow, all of us just had trouble getting down to one room on time. Raqeeb and I were part of this problem. We both woke up late, and even raced each other to see who get ready fastest. Obviously, I won. 

The four of us, along with Olivia and Kara, went down to meet mom at Lou Malnati's around 12. The pizza wasn't as deep as the one we had before so it was easier to eat for me. Even then, I still managed to make somewhat of a mess. When I was serving pizza out, the pizza slice slipped and turned upside down in the pan, so all the sauce spilled out. Luckily I'm not a huge fan of the sauce, so it tasted alright when I ate it. 

Finally the right coffee
Originally we had planned to go to the Museum of Science and Industry afterwards, but Raqeeb had already went so he didn't really like this idea too much. We would have to pay extra to look at each exhibit anyway, which included the robots exhibits I was eager to see. Also, Raqeeb said the museum catered more towards younger kids, so we had to scratch that plan off the list. Then, we also had to cross off the Adler Planetarium because it was too expensive. That left us with one option: walk around Michigan street, and finish the shopping spree we started yesterday. 

I lost it at velvet.
Kara, Lindsay, Cecilia, and I first went to Forever 21, which was HUGE. It had three stories and a huge variety of clothes that I had never seen before. Everything they had was the cutest thing I had ever seen. I wasn't really planning on buying anything, but then Lindsay pointed out to me a velvet shirt with black lace. A velvet shirt. With lace. She knew how crazy I am when it comes to velvet shirts: they're like dreams come true. The price wasn't too bad either, so I knew I had to buy it after trying it on. 

We then went to other stores like Saks, Zara, Nike, and a Build-a-Bear Workshop. The prices in all those stores just made us cry, so we pretty much just walked out of them fast. Our plan was to meet up with Raqeeb and Olivia at the beach, but that also didn't work out as expected. We ended up eating at Cafecito and I ordered coffee again. This time, however, I ended up really loving the coffee. That means I had finally ordered the right thing! Yay! After that victory, the four of us went back to the dorms around 7 PM so we could get back the same time as Olivia and Raqeeb did. 

After a while, Olivia did a second layer of hair dying on Lindsay and I. We watched Disney movies while that happened and before we knew it, the day was almost over. There are still a couple more places Lindsay and I need to go to tomorrow, though, before we begin packing, and this time, we'll have a plan that we know will work. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness the ILC money is being well spent--avoid anything educational and go shopping.

    ReplyDelete