Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Directs V. Crosses

I walked in feeling a little better to class today. I was leading one of the cases today so I had to come up with some questions to ask. Surprisingly, Ms.Scott said she actually liked one of my questions. Being completely honest, I once again didn't get to speak as much as I wanted, but I guess it is getting maybe a little better because Ms.Scott and I had somewhat of a conversation during the discussion. I also admit that there were some portions where I couldn't add anything, which got me quite frustrated because I have no clue how to improve on that. I currently regret not ever paying attention in APUSH and not reading the textbook properly.

Nikita, aka Gawky, is a VERY tall guy
After lunch, we had to do our directs, and our direct ended up being a mess. A lot of the questions were leading but we hadn't realized before. We tried doing improv and fixing it on the spot but it didn't work properly and wasn't smooth at all. Also, none of those questions were considered leading when we did mock trial at school. Afterwards we got to do cross, which I found more fun because I prefer doing crosses over directs anytime.

After class, Aalia got hungry so we walked to the bookstore to the Starbucks. She gave me half her Starbucks, so thanks to her. (BTW, Aalia is from New York but lives in London, and no, she doesn't have a British accent). I thought I was going to get to nap until dinner but once again that didn't happen. I showed Aalia a music video with a Jewish rapper since we were talking about Jewish people, and I think I've successfully gotten her hooked to him. Then I sat on my bed and less than a minute later, Kara banged on my door. And I literally mean bang. I'm afraid my door might even break after a while because apparently no one wants to knock like a normal person. But that's great because it catches my attention VERY fast.

Olivia and her finger. Legendary.
We went down to dinner, and Raqeeb somehow got lost coming from the library to the cafeteria. Also, one thing ironic was that my new friend Nikita, aka Gawky, told Lindsay in class today that their group needed that "one Indian girl," which is me. AGH I've been wanting to really take Physics in Stars since I got here. But it's completely fine, because I know I'm challenging myself to a great extent and I know I am truly outside my comfort zone. In that way at least I can say I'm taking full advantage of this opportunity.

Our entire cohort finally got to eat together after what seems like a long time, and we chose a time to meet Mom this Saturday. The usual then happened after dinner, which was studying and finishing blogs. Also, yes I once again forgot to take pictures. I'll hopefully remember tomorrow because I NEED to take pictures of the classroom and the people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment