Sunday, July 23, 2017

Shut up I'm Reading

I didn't wake up until 12:30 today, and even then I only got up because Jahnvi was banging on my door.

Jahnvi and her Mexicana shake
After getting ready we headed out first to Medici's, a place on 57th with apparently really good milkshakes. The place was really cute and I had an amazing apple croissant, as I was really surprised that apples croissants even exist. They did have great milkshakes like everyone said they would, so it was worth it.

We then went to 57th street books, where I could've spent the entire day. They had different rooms with different types of books in each, with recommendation notes and reading tables throughout. It was a really cute bookstore and I loved it. Jahnvi also found this great 2018 calendar about women in STEM there.
We learned at least one lesson today. Though we're super lazy, we really shouldn't be taking Uber or Lyft everywhere. More important to me was the fact that we shouldn't be using my account every time. As it turns out since we've been using my account every time, of course there's significantly less money in my account, and everyone isn't great about paying me back, so most of the money I have is in cash and not in my account. Meaning that in order to get downtown it means walking to the L or taking the bus to the L, which only takes exact change or Ventra cards, which you have to go to an L station to get.

Thank god for Kara and her connections. I'm not kidding. A few days ago her having Felipe's number made it so we didn't have to pay to get back home in the rain, and today her having David's number who knows Matus got us downtown. Kara called David and begged him to call her an Uber, he wouldn't, but luckily Matus wanted to return a pair of shoes that he forgot at the dorms, and would order us an Uber if we grabbed the shoes.

We ran up to Matus's room and luckily his roommate Will was inside to open the door. Matus had said the shoes were inside a Michael Kors bag. There were 2 Michael Kors bags and 3 pairs of shoes, so by the time we finally found the right shoes I'm pretty sure Matus's roommate was pretty amused as he kept laughing as Jahnvi begged for the paper Prada bag Matus had.

When he did call us the Uber it was arriving in 1 minute meaning we had to run from the 5th floor to the 2nd, from the 2nd to the 1st, and then run outside to the Uber on the corner. Carolina came with us, as she was trying to get downtown too. Matus and David neglected to tell us that it was an Uber Pool. The ride was going great and our Uber driver was really nice and friendly, when we started going on a random road that was not the way to Water Tower Place. We all kind of looked at each other in confusion, and then we picked up 2 more people on the way.

Jahnvi and I went to Sephora to meet Olivia, while Kara and Carolina went to Urban Outfitters. Pretty soon Olivia and I decided that we wanted to go 57th street books and that Jahnvi would join Kara.

Olivia and I roamed 57th street books for an hour, before heading back to the dorms. I met up with Cecilia, Jahnvi, and Kara at dinner. I took a reading comprehension test for Raqeeb's study then watched Michelle dye her hair.

An update on my hair, supposedly Kara saw the color in it, but I haven't seen it yet.
Our hair looks exactly the same in this photo, but we tried to capture it.

No comments:

Post a Comment