Sunday, July 23, 2017

What Really Happened Today?

Today, in a way, was an interesting day. Since Jahnvi and I are leaving on Monday for Yerkes Observatory we really wanted to go to a lot of places and have a lot of fun today and Sunday.

Our day began with a meetup with Ms. Sciacca, arriving around 12:30 for pizza at Lou Malnati's. Again Olivia and Kara tagged along with us, as we had plans for later in the day with them.

I have to say I had hopes that my mom would be wrong and that pizza in Chicago would be better than Zachary's Pizza. Maybe we just haven't been going to the places, but though the pizza is good it doesn't beat Zachary's.
Our original plan was to go to the Museum of Science and Industry, but Raqeeb proceeded to tell us that we shouldn't go, as most of the more interesting exhibits required extra money. I hope he was telling us the truth about that and not just lying because he wanted to look at something else. After that idea was scrapped we thought about the Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum. They were both ruled out for different reasons, so we instead went on a search for hair dye.

Jahnvi and her Cuban coffee
Jahnvi and both dyed our hair last night, Jahnvi wanted a more noticeable red, and I wanted an even vaguely noticeable purple. We weren't going to bleach our hair so it'd mostly just hoping that the dyes actually work on dark hair. I found the last dye I used on a girl with the same type of hair and the same color of hair as mine originally and it worked. My hair though having a color change, went from brown to raven black. It looks nice like this so I don't regret it, but I wish that I had a tint of purple. We saw that the results from a second dye were better so we took the risk.

After this we Cecilia, Jahnvi, Kara, and I split off from Raqeeb and Olivia. They were headed back to campus and then to the beach. We four decided to go shopping or at least window shop. We had a nice walk down Michigan Avenue, but the rest of the day was really boring. After we bought cheap clothes at Forever 21, the rest of the day became window shopping.

Kara wanted to go into expensive stores so we did, but we all kind of walked around in a daze wishing that our normal go with the flow plan had worked well today.

I eventually got super hungry and annoyed and had to grab Starbucks before we actually went out to eat. My name was spelled incorrectly at both Starbucks and Cafecito, the restaurant we ate at. We then came back to campus, and began hair dye process 2.0.

2 comments:

  1. Your first mistake of the summer - missing the Museum of Science and Industry. We'll go some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again you tease us with descriptions of something--this time your new hair color--and then no photos. You don't love us anymore?

    ReplyDelete