Sunday, July 23, 2017

I Took Some Very Nice Pictures During an Uber Ride

Sleep is good. Sleep is very important.

It felt awesome to be able to sleep in a few extra hours on a Saturday. Today, I woke up at 10:30 AM well-rested and got ready to go by 11 AM. Olivia and Kara decided to come with us again, while Michelle stayed behind. Lindsay called an Uber for all of us, and soon we were on our way downtown.  

We went to Lou Malnati's Pizzeria for our brunch. As we waited for the deep-dish pizza to arrive, everyone talked about how their week went. We spent time catching up with each other until the food came. Everyone focused on eating for a while, but the conversations started up soon again. Over the course of this meal, there were several very heated discussions about food and how to describe food. I did not participate in any of these debates, as that was a little too much thinking and effort on a Saturday, but I did concede it was amusing to hear Ms. Sciacca, Lindsay, and Olivia gang up on Jahnvi and Raqueeb for using the word “damp” to describe pizza (which, I personally, think it’s perfectly fine?).
Outside Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
We parted with Ms. Sciacca after brunch. With the six of us remaining, we tried to decide on a place to go to next. One of the favorites included the aquarium, which turned out to be very expensive. We considered Museum of Science and Industry, Adler’s Planetarium, and a few other options, but, in the end, we ended up deciding to just walk around downtown.

We made another trip to Target, this time in downtown, where Lindsay and Jahnvi bought hair dye. After Target, Raqueeb and Olivia split off from us because they wanted to go back to the dorms. We agreed to meet at the beach at a later time, so Kara, Lindsay, Jahnvi, and I walked on, and our first stop was at Forever 21.
Walking to Forever 21
At Forever 21, Jahnvi and Lindsay went to look for clothes. I wasn’t interested in buying clothes, so I went to look at little trinkets. I found a pair of really cute bow hairclips, which was also really cheap as well, so I bought it. After this, I went to regroup with Kara, who was charging her phone against the wall, and we set out to search for Lindsay and Jahnvi.

We deduced that they were both probably in the fitting rooms, so we walked around and found the fitting rooms on the second floor. However, there was a long line going into the fitting rooms, so Kara and I settled for calling Lindsay and Jahnvi. The two of them said they needed more time, so Kara and I explored the second floor.
I don't think I'm very good at photographing people
Walking around, Kara and I found and eventually bought a pack of three rings (our “wedding rings”) that we thought were $2.90, but was in fact revealed to be only 99 cents when we checked it out at the counter. Three rings for 99 cents was a pretty good deal. It was the first good thing that happened today, and we got very excited. Unfortunately, the two bigger rings were too big for all of my fingers except the thumb, so I took the smallest ring, which fit my pinkie finger, while Kara took the other two.

After Forever 21, we went to several other stores: Zara, Saks Fifth Avenue, Topshop, Nike, and more. I saw a really nice pair of shoes at Nike, but it was $160, which I didn’t think was worth it. In the end, none of us bought anything, so it was just a lot of window shopping. It was also a lot of walking, which bored me. By around 6:30 PM, everyone was starving and tired of walking, so we went to Cafecito to eat dinner before we Ubered back to the dorms.
I think this is the best picture I've ever taken. 
Today my camera skills are just on point (at least with buildings)
In the end, we never met up with Raqueeb and Olivia at the beach. We only saw them when we waited for them after we got back to the campus. It had been a really long day, so I went to shower after spending a little more time with the group. After my shower, I watched Olivia dying Jahnvi and Lindsay’s hair, but soon, I returned to my dorm to complete some of my homework. There is more homework than we usually get, so I wanted to get a majority of it done, since I am planning on going to one of the RA activities with Karla tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment