Sunday, July 30, 2017

Is it Really Time for Goodbyes?

Let's pretend this blog was posted 24 hours ago. That would make life a little easier.

I woke up to the sound of screeching and banging on our door at Yerkes. Lindsay and I had told Jared to wake us up at 8 AM in case we didn't. Apparently Jared tried knocking on our door, but all he heard was alarms and no sound from us. So, he sent everyone else who was up, and it pretty much sounded like mob outside our room.

Lindsay and I ran as we finished packing and made it just in time to the lobby so we could all head to the bus. Mac left early as he got picked up by his dad since he lived right nearby. This left Nick a little sad and empty as the two of them had been best friends. Lister then gave me a really cute hot pink notebook as a gift, and it's so pretty I don't even want to use it. 

The bus ride back was very quiet. Everyone had stayed up as long as their body could handle so they were all knocked out asleep in the bus. I think I'll admit that Lindsay and I were both so used to staying up that we may have forced Jared to stay up with us for a little too long. Oh well, at least we spent the night having fun.

Nick (left) and Jared (right)
Unfortunately though, it was that night that I began feeling a little sick. I brushed it off thinking I would be fine the next day, but when I woke up in the morning, it only got worse. I then brushed it off again thinking I should be fine if I just napped on the bus ride to UChicago. Instead, once again, it only got worse.

We were starving when we reached the dorms. Nick, Jared, Lindsay, Kara, and I decided to go to the food trucks to get something. I really didn't feel like taking out some money from my purse, but I agreed since Nick said they would be selling some vodka sauce and I really wanted to try that out. (Nick and Lindsay had been talking about vodka sauce since the day before, praising it to be the best thing in the world).

Kara, Rafael (left), Hamilton (right), and I
We didn't end up finding any vodka sauce, but we did find a really good sandwich named Mac, which I actually bought because it sounded great. We all then headed back to the dorms and ate in the lobby. I decided that I would try to grab some coffee from the cafeteria and maybe that would make me feel less sick. "I'll be back up in 5 minutes," I told them.

I ended up finding people from law class: Donna, Aaliya, Stella, and Arthur. I sat with them and somehow showed back up the lobby a good 30 minutes later and everyone was gone. Then, I somehow ended up with Lindsay, Jared, and Nick at the Museum of Science and Industry.

MSI was actually a lot like our Exploratorium, but just had a lot of cooler exhibits that were expensive to get into. During this time, I realized something funny: Jared and Lindsay had the exact same sense of humor, and Nick and I had the exact same sense of humor. So that made the trip at MSI even more hilarious.

We made it back to the dorms just in time to say goodbye to Michelle before she left. It was really sad to see someone so close leaving, and it made the end of this trip real. I admit I may have almost started crying but instead I just gave her a long hug and later headed back into my room to finish packing.

Afterwards, Lindsay and I went to Nick's room since that's where Jared and our new friend Juvia was.

David and I 
I then had to go back to my room to grab my phone charger, so I told them I would be back in 10 minutes. But then, I ran into Kara, so we went to Raqeeb's room, and then Building C to meet with Hamilton, Matus, and Rafael. We went to the third floor to grab food, down to the ice cream social, and then to the ping pong table. I finally then went back to Nick's room a good hour and half later. Nick then said he had to shower so I said I'll just come back half an hour later since Lindsay and Jared were watching comedy videos that I couldn't fully understand. I once again found Kara and then we visited David, and then Raqeeb. I took a quick nap because I felt very sick and tired, so Jared, Lindsay, and Nick had to come up to find me. Oops.

After taking some pictures with them, it was about 4 AM. I was feeling way too sick and knew I had to get up early. I decided to email Don, and tell him I really needed a pass. I'm still sorry about that Don, but at least I got to properly say goodbye to everyone who had made this trip unforgettable for me. 
To the best class <3

No comments:

Post a Comment